- Close Grip Bench Press – 4 sets x 8-10 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Overhead Extensions – 3-4 sets x 8-10 reps
- Reverse Grip Pushdown w/Cambered Bar – 4 sets x 10-12 reps plus 5 partials
- Overhead Extensions w/Cambered bar – 7 sets x 12-15 reps (30 seconds rest between sets)
- Standing Cable Face Curl – 7 sets 10-15 reps (30 seconds rest between sets with limbs above head) *blood starving set8
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls – 3-4 sets x 8-10 reps per arm w/o alternating
- Dumbbell Spider Curl – 3-4 sets x 10-12 reps
Key Points to Remember
• Eccentric motion. Often referred to as the “negative” portion of the exercise movement. By slowing down the eccentric portion of the motion you’re able to stimulate the any muscle group in a much more dramatic fashion, especially in curling isolation movement. The arms primarily consist of type II muscle fibers (fast twitch) so to accurately stimulate their growth, applying loads in a slow and controlled manner shock them.
• Blood starving sets. The goal is to create a huge flood of blood after this portion of the workout is done. This creates an extreme pump for the rest of the workout but inherently this creates some sarcoplasmic hypertrophy and stretches the fascia. Also, this allows for enhanced nutrient flow as well. Try them with other arm exercise as well focusing on the triceps.
• Constant tension. Remember when training triceps, do not lock out. By keeping the muscle under constant tension, you force it to work harder and keep your joints healthier. When applying this principle check your ego at the door and drop the poundages down a bit. The goal is maximal stimulation.
- Justin Compton Mass Construction: Side Lateral Raises - October 11, 2016
- Justin’s Tricep Rope Extension Exercise - October 3, 2016
- What Men’s Physique Athlete Jared Goodrich Has To Say - September 21, 2016
- Jeremy Buendia 2016 Olympia Win Interview - September 20, 2016
- 2016 Olympia At The Expo Evogen Nutrition Booth - September 17, 2016
- IFBB Pro Justin Compton: How to Coach Yourself - September 17, 2016
- What Justin Compton Is Bringing To Olympia 2016 - September 13, 2016
- Jeremy Buendia D3FENSE – Closing In On Perfection - September 13, 2016
- Athleticism Of Fitness Olympia Competitor Fiona Harris - September 13, 2016
- What The Olympia Means to IFBB Pro Justin Compton - September 13, 2016