Learn how to do a bar throw & Press.
- Main Muscle Worked: Chest
- Other Muscles: Shoulders, Triceps
- Equipment: Machine
- Mechanics Type: Compound
- Level: Intermediate
- Using a smith machine, adjust the bar height so that when you are lying down the bar is slightly lower than arms distance away. Once you have added the appropriate weight to the bar, lie down on the bench and take a slightly than shoulder width grip on the bar. This will be your starting position.
- Lower the bar all the way down to your chest, and then in an explosive manner, push the bar up as fast as you can, releasing the bar from your grip at the top of the movement. Catch the bar with your arms extended, keeping a slight bend in your elbows.
- Lower the bar back down to the chest and repeat for the recommended number of repetitions.
- Andy Speer Shares The 3 Most Common Beginner Mistakes - October 21, 2016
- Strong Moves Upper-Body Workout With Alex Silver-Fagan - October 21, 2016
- Kris Gethin On The Importance of Hydration - October 12, 2016
- Athlete for Life – Samantha Leete Fitness 360 - October 12, 2016
- Incline Cross-Body Hammer Strength Press With Brandon Fokken - October 11, 2016
- Single Leg Deadlift with Resistance Band Challenge - October 11, 2016
- Phil Heath’s Challenger Back Workout - October 10, 2016
- Lactic Pulling Challenge For Triceps Gains - October 10, 2016
- Top 5 Keto Mistakes With Jason Wittrock - October 10, 2016
- Dr. Sara Solomon on HIIT and Intermittent Fasting - October 7, 2016