If you are looking for exercises to train your abs without equipment, then you have to try the Inchworm.
Don’t let this simple “walking” exercise fool you – it’s an absolute beast and will have your entire body shaking and quaking!
It’s simple to do – but it’s certainly not easy!
Begin in a standard push-up position with your hands shoulder width apart.
Keeping your knees straight, begin walking your feet towards your hands and go as far as you can.
Next, begin walking your hands away from your feet, which will bring you back to that starting push-up position. But, don’t stop there!
Walk your hands forward and away from your body as far as you can go.
Most likely, it will feel as though you’re walking your hands far forward, but to an observer you haven’t gone very far – that’s OK!
Try to go a little further with your feet and hands each time.
This is an amazing ab exercise and very advanced, however anyone can do it by simply trying. You don’t have to have advanced strength or flexibility to get the benefits. The goal is to improve over time.
In addition to being a great ab movement, it also does wonder for hamstring and calf flexibility as well as shoulder stability.
Try to aim to “walk” at least 20 feet when you first begin and try to work up to 50 feet!
It’s important that you don’t hold your breath and if you feel any discomfort of any kind stop immediately.
You can do this exercise virtually anywhere you have enough space to do a pushup. For home trainees a hallway or a room with an open space works best. For gym trainees an open exercise room is a great place to do this.
- Star Lunges An Awesome Exercise To Work Your Legs - September 29, 2016
- The Single Leg Deadlift Is A Great Choice - September 29, 2016
- Barbell Ab Roll Outs Make For A Hard Abs Workout - September 14, 2016
- Inchworm | Ab Exercises No Equipment - September 14, 2016
- The Ab Slam Is A Great Medicine Ball Abs Exercise - September 14, 2016
- Is The Deadlift The Best Back Exercise… Or This One? - September 1, 2016
- Sometimes Creatine In Your Pre-Workout SUCKS - August 18, 2016
- Are Modern BCAA+ Tabs Concentrated BCAA Tablets The Best? - August 18, 2016
- Caffeine-Free Pre-Workout Pills? Get Yok3d - August 18, 2016
- Is Modern CREATINE The Best Creatine Supplement? - August 18, 2016