If you’re a fan of all things pizza, and you’re a fan of all things cruelty-free, well, this might just be the recipe for you. We’ve created a margherita-style vegan pizza that’s sure to appease your appetite and the appetite of everyone else at the dinner table. Now, we know a margherita pizza has basil leaves, and feel free to use those babies if you got ‘em.
Since we didn’t have ‘em, we improvised and used crushed basil instead. We veganized this recipe by making our own dairy-free, cashew mozzarella cheese, which you’ll want to make first, seeing as it takes a little time chillin’ in the fridge or freezer. Start the day before, and soak your cashews overnight.
After a nice little sleep, add those cashews to a blender, along with lemon juice, tapioca or corn starch, olive oil, nutritional yeast, garlic, and water. Blend until smooth. Pour that cashew goodness into a pot over medium heat, and stir until it thickens – about 5 minutes. Dump the thickness into several ramekins or a pie dish, freeze for an hour then cut into small blocks.
Moving onto the zesty pizza sauce! To 6 ounces of tomato paste, add garlic, onion powder, oregano, marjoram, black pepper, basil, salt, and honey or maple syrup. Throw in some water, then give it all a good stir. Pour into your favorite jar, then let sit 30 minutes. “That’s it?” you say? We say “That’s it!”
Now for the crust. To a large mixing bowl add flour (any kind will do), salt, and baking powder, and give a good stir. Add almond milk and olive oil, and give it an even better stir. Throw down some flour onto your counter, then slap your dough down. Knead, then roll out into a crust-sized crust! Throw that baby into the oven for a measly 5 minutes.
Now we’re ready to assemble that pizza! To your slightly-cooked pizza crust, add some pizza sauce. You like-a-da sauce? Add a bunch! You don’t? Add a little. Take your cashew cheese cubes, and lay them out on your pizza, then top with basil (fresh is best, but crushed will also do). Bake for 10 minutes, throw on a few other favorite toppings, then bake for another 5.
Voila! A tasty decadence of tantalizing temptation. Or at the very least, dinner!
- Almond Butter Apple Slices | Marzia Prince - October 21, 2016
- Apple Pie Protein Muffins - October 7, 2016
- Margherita-Style Vegan Pizza Recipe - October 6, 2016
- Vegetarian Recipe The Rice Yum Bowl - September 30, 2016
- Boost Sex Drive Naturally | Jason Wrobel - September 29, 2016
- Vegan Protein Pancakes With Talia Pollock - September 23, 2016
- How To Detox Naturally & Safely - September 22, 2016
- End of Summer Abs Exercises with Tim McComsey - September 17, 2016
- Personal Peach Parfait - September 16, 2016
- 7 Minute Workout With Tim McComsey - September 15, 2016