When weight gain and a major life change zapped Darnell’s confidence, he found emotional balance at the gym. After losing around 100 pounds, this fit father is loving life again!
“When I was heavy, I was never really happy,” says 24-year-old Darnell Greenidge. “I would avoid mirrors; if I showered, I would quickly jump in and out of the shower and then attempt to get dressed as quickly as possible. All of my clothes had to be loose to disguise my size. My ex-fiance may have seen me naked once or twice a year, and even then, it was unintentional and embarrassing.”
Darnell’s weight issues weren’t tied to vanity. He didn’t dream of single-digit body-fat measurements or competing on stage. Instead, Darnell’s journey began with him just wanting to feel comfortable in his own skin. “I didn’t see Darnell,” he says. “I saw what I’d ruined.” It wasn’t until the culmination of public embarrassment and family turmoil bubbled over that he realized it was time for a change. This is Darnell’s story.
- Andy Speer Shares The 3 Most Common Beginner Mistakes - October 21, 2016
- Strong Moves Upper-Body Workout With Alex Silver-Fagan - October 21, 2016
- Kris Gethin On The Importance of Hydration - October 12, 2016
- Athlete for Life – Samantha Leete Fitness 360 - October 12, 2016
- Incline Cross-Body Hammer Strength Press With Brandon Fokken - October 11, 2016
- Single Leg Deadlift with Resistance Band Challenge - October 11, 2016
- Phil Heath’s Challenger Back Workout - October 10, 2016
- Lactic Pulling Challenge For Triceps Gains - October 10, 2016
- Top 5 Keto Mistakes With Jason Wittrock - October 10, 2016
- Dr. Sara Solomon on HIIT and Intermittent Fasting - October 7, 2016