When you are looking for a leg exercise you can do anywhere with just your bodyweight or a dumbbell the single leg deadlift is a great choice.
It’s very efficient and really hits your leg muscles in a unique and effective manner. In fact, it’s an integral part of an awesome leg workout routine we put together for when you need a quick lower body workout but are tight on time or energy.
There are multiple versions of the single leg deadlift. Some you will see are actually single stiff (i.e Romanian) leg deadlifts. Those are great in their own right, but for this video we are focusing on a traditional deadlift where the knee joint bends.
Start by standing on one leg. At first, don’t hold any weight, although holding a weight does seem to help with balancing.
Bend you knee and bend at the waist to touch the ground with your fingertips. Be sure not to round your back to touch the ground – Bend at the knee to get closer to the ground.
This will ensure your leg muscles are being stimulated and will protect your back – especially once you start holding weight.
Once in the bottom position, drive your heel through the ground to straighten your leg and return to the upright starting position.
That’s one rep.
Repeat for the number of reps you are aiming for and then for the opposite leg.
If your technique ever starts to break down, stop your set immediately.
- Star Lunges An Awesome Exercise To Work Your Legs - September 29, 2016
- The Single Leg Deadlift Is A Great Choice - September 29, 2016
- Barbell Ab Roll Outs Make For A Hard Abs Workout - September 14, 2016
- Inchworm | Ab Exercises No Equipment - September 14, 2016
- The Ab Slam Is A Great Medicine Ball Abs Exercise - September 14, 2016
- Is The Deadlift The Best Back Exercise… Or This One? - September 1, 2016
- Sometimes Creatine In Your Pre-Workout SUCKS - August 18, 2016
- Are Modern BCAA+ Tabs Concentrated BCAA Tablets The Best? - August 18, 2016
- Caffeine-Free Pre-Workout Pills? Get Yok3d - August 18, 2016
- Is Modern CREATINE The Best Creatine Supplement? - August 18, 2016